68th Annual Powwow Art Vendor Registration
Art Vendor Rules and Regulations
American Indian Center (AIC) 68th Annual Chicago Powwow at Schiller Woods East Forest Preserve located in Chicago, Illinois.
By submitting payment, you agree to the rules and regulations.
WHEREAS, Vendor desires to utilize American Indian Center/Forest Preserve of Cook County (FPCC) space for the purpose of selling Native American Art at the American Indian Center 68th Annual Chicago Powwow/FPCC scheduled for October 8, 2021 to October 10, 2021.
THEREFORE, it is understood and agreed upon by all parties hereto as follows:
Fees must be submitted by September 24, 2021. 2 options:
- Full payment will receive a 10% discount if paid on or before by September 24, 2021.
- 50% down payment will be required by September 17, 2021 and must be paid in full, no later than October 8, 2021 before set-up can begin.
Certified checks, money orders and/or cash will be accepted
Vendors will receive two (2) FREE weekend passes per booth. Any other passes will need to be purchased. Vendors will receive a discount for additional passes up to four (4) passes.
- ALL REGISTERED VENDORS WILL RECEIVE A VIP PARKING PASS
- Vendors will be permitted to camp onsite. Please contact email@example.com for additional
VENDOR SETUP TIME: Friday, October 8th, 2021 begins at 8:00 am
VENDOR TEAR-DOWN/EXIT TIME: Sunday, October 10, 2021 starting at 5:00 pm, all out by
- It is mandatory that all vendors attending the 2021 American Indian Center 68th Annual Chicago Powwow, strictly adhere to the Indian Arts and Craft Act of 1990, as well as, the Indian Arts and Crafts Amendments Act. Under these acts, it is illegal to offer, display for sale, or sell any art or craft product in a manner that falsely suggests it is Indian produced, an American (North American) Indian product, or the product of a particular Indian or Indian Tribe or Indian arts and crafts organization, resident within the United States. All producers must be marketed truthfully regarding the Indian heritage and tribal affiliation of the producers, so as not to mislead the consumer. It is illegal to market any art or craft item using the name of a tribe if a member, or certified Indian artisan, of that tribe did not actually create the art or craft item. NO ITEMS THAT ARE REPRODUCTIONS OF NATIVE AMERICAN ARTS WILL BE ALLOWED, such as T-shirt designs and jewelry., ETC.
- In addition to the fees above:
- Vendor MUST donate one (1) raffle item, which has a value of at least $25.00 for the AIC to raffle. AIC will promote the vendor and its item in the raffle.
- Lighting for the dance arena will be provided, please bring your own lighting/extension cords. Electricity will be available.
- The CCFP will close the park at 9:30 pm.
- No fees will be refunded for cancelling by any vendor.
- Vendor is responsible for complying with local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Vendors must assume all responsibility and hold the American Indian Center and CCFP harmless for any violations.
- All space assignments will be designated by the Powwow Committee. The Powwow Committee retains the right to make any necessary changes, at any time, without prior notice to Vendor.
- All vendor booths must be always staffed by vendor personnel, AT ALL TIMES.
- You must abide by all health laws from the local, state, and CDC Guidelines.
- The sale or display of Native American artifacts, including, but not limited to, eagle feathers, ceremonial pipes, human skulls, etc. is strictly prohibited. The American Indian Center Executive Staff retains the right to determine “what is a Native American artifact”.
- The subletting and negotiation of any booth or services is strictly prohibited. Any violation of this provision will result in Vendor or sub lessee being asked to leave the event immediately, without refund of Vendor fees.
- Any solicitation for support of political issues is strictly forbidden. Any violation of this provision will result in the Vendor being asked to leave the event immediately without refund of Vendor fees.
- The advertising or promotion of any other special event is strictly prohibited, unless previously approved by the AIC Executive Staff in writing.
- Any unauthorized raffle and or the sale of any promotional items are prohibited
- The consumption of alcohol or any illegal drugs is strictly prohibited. Violators may be expelled from the premises for the duration of the event.
- MASS PRODUCED ITEMS ARE PROHIBITED, eg. imported toys, plastic tomahawks, multi-color bonnets, etc.
- All rules of the AIC and FPCC must be complied with and no unauthorized agreements by AIC or powwow committee officers will be honored.
$500 – Native American Arts Vendor for One (1) spot for three (3) days, 10’ x 20’
$300 – Native American Arts Vendor for One (1) spot for three (3) days 10’ x 10’
$50 – Art Vendor Discount for Current members of the American Indian Center of Chicago. Please call to verify membership.
$75 – Community Informational Booth for One (1) spot for three (3) days 10′ x 10′