Announcement: AIC Responds to COVID-19
Update: This post has been updated to reflect the revised hours of operation.
American Indian Center responds to COVID-19
Chicago, IL. The American Indian Center of Chicago is committed to providing our community with the most up to date resources and information about the COVID-19 virus. We understand that this is a radically changing situation and we want to respond in the best way possible for all members of our community while also respecting the voices from the CDC and Public Health Departments. For the week of March 16th, 2020, the following will be AIC’s schedule.
- Monday, March 16th 9am-4pm, open for staff to work and small gathering of less than 25 people.
- Tuesday, March 17th 7am-7pm, open as a polling location for Tuesday’s primary. (We recommend staff and community members stay away from the building unless coming in to vote.)
- Wednesday, March 18th, closed for the building to rest and heal.
- Thursday, March 19th, closed for the building to rest and heal.
- Friday, March 20th 9am-9pm, closed for the building to rest and heal.
The Board and staff recognize that this is an unprecedented time and we are seeking ways to help support and lift up the community. If you have ideas on how we can help please send us a note on social media or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep updated via our social media as we will continue to provide updates and resources. We are thinking through our programming and will let you know how best to bring folks together soon. Thank you for your support and stay safe and keep checking in for more information.